Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby Stice Updates

Well, I am 25 weeks down & 15 more to go!! Whew! Somedays it feels like it is flying by, others feel like it is dragging on and on...Good News is that Lil Man Stice is now starting to gain some baby fat, develop some pinkish-ness to his skin (due to the new flowing blood). His eyes that were before fused shut are now beginning to open...etc, etc! It is truly an amazing experience.
Last Sunday, Mother's Day, was a great day for me. My almost-first Mother's Day. The Saturday night before, I got to go hang out with some of my closest girlfriends and they had bought me my very first Mother's Day card. It was full of encouragement and love! Very thoughtful.
Then, when I got home, my wonderful husband had me a great surprise of a very sweet card & gift from our little "no name" Baby Stice! :) I had been eyeing a Willow Tree statue (below) at a store & he took a good mental note & went back & bought it for me. It was soo sweet. It is a Mommy, Daddy, & new baby. They all have names/meanings & this one is called "Our Gift"...Very fitting, as this baby is the biggest, most requested blessing in our lives. I love it! I cried of course!



...And here is the muchly anticipated bedding that just arrived yesterday (Thursday). I was very skeptical about it, as I wasn't sure it was what I wanted. However, now that it's here, it is wonderful! I love it. I thought it would arrive yesterday, but Trey tried to trick me & say it didn't. I went in the baby's room & much to my surprise, he had put all the bedding out and hung the valance. It was a great treat. I have posted some pics below, but you have to see it in person to get the full effect. It is great. I didn't end up with a picture of the valance, but it matches the bedding of course! Let me know what you think... :)




Hope this post finds everyone well. Have a super weekend! xoxo - linds

3 comments:

cmarion said...

Happy Mother's Day, Lindsey!!! I love the colors on the baby bed!!! We went to Dumas yesterday to Ganny & Papaw's & celebrated Mother's day & Ganny's bday! She sent us home with her cake & an apple pie. Yum! KJ has her sports banquet tonight & Royce & I have a Teacher's appreciation STEAK supper tomorrow night. I'm out of the kitchen til Thursday!!! HUGE treat to me. Are you still swelling? Love, MOMMMA MARION

cmarion said...

I need your email address if you have one - this is TOO good & this is the only way I knew how to send it to you. GET YOURSELF PREPARED for MOTHERHOOD & FATHERHOOD!! It's a JOY ride!!!

Subject: Where's the chapstick on Mother's Day

This message is for pet lovers, cat lovers and parents whose children were once small (even if they never had pets) this is too funny…

Jack is a great cat and the kids carry him around and sit on him and nothing ever bothers him. He is prone to hang out and nap all day long on this mat in our bathroom.


Well, Bill and I have two sons, aged 4 and 3 years old, and a 1-year-old daughter. The middle one is Eli. Eli really loves chapstick. LOVES it. He keeps asking to use my chapstick and then losing it. So, finally, one day I showed him where in the bathroom I keep my chapstick and how he could use it whenever he wanted to, but he needed to put it right back in the drawer when he was done.


Mother's Day 2008, we were having the typical rush around and trying to get ready for church with everyone crying and carrying on. The two boys had been fighting over the toy in the cereal box. I was trying to nurse my little one at the same time I was putting on my make-up. Everything was a mess.


We finally had the older one and the baby loaded in the car and we were looking for Eli. Bill and I had searched everywhere and I finally went into the bathroom. And there was Eli. He was applying my chap-stick very carefully to Jack's rear end.. Eli looked right into my eyes and said "chapped." Now, if you have a cat, you know that he is right -- their little butts do look pretty chapped. And, frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind.


Bill's eyes met mine... You know, one of those parental, mind-meld moments. The only question that came simultaneously to Bill and me at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cat's behind or the hundredth.

Christine said...

Awww.... the crib looks so great!! And wow, Trey is definitely a keep :)